Monday, May 14, 2007

The Name Game

Those of you who know him understand my husband's extremely methodical nature. Our need to choose a name for our baby has in NO WAY escaped the normal methodologies. After months of internet searches, book reading and some serious teeth-pulling on my part I am pleased to announce that we have officially narrowed our search down to 8 names.

We have made a pact that the list CAN NOT be added to. And, I told Spencer that the most I will allow before we go to the hospital is two. So, here's the list:

Amanda
Anna
Avery
Brynn
Camille
Jenna
Kate
Paige

What does everyone think??? Not that the most popular will win in the end but, opinions might help us make up our minds! :)

5 comments:

Granny said...

That's still a lot to choose from! I like them all, and I hesitate voicing a favorite...last time I did that, a granddaughter was named something else, just for spite. I have always liked Kate, though, and Brynn was actually in the running as a name for you, Erin. But, they are all good names.

Erin said...

I don't think you need to worry about the spite issue. I actually didn't even know that was Jon's motivation until I read his 100 list! But, who can imagine Alyssa named anything else, right?

Tara said...

Right! She's SO Alyssa!

Anyway, I love them all, you can't go wrong. I have always loved Kate and wished I had a longer last name to go with it. We came really close to naming Natalie Katelyn because I've loved that name so much. I also remember suggesting Paige to Jon. And finally, I LOVE Camille. I wanted to use it and call her Cammie but then my good friend Camille moved in two doors down so that one got removed from our list.

Good luck, choosing a name is SO hard! Whatever you decide is going to fit her perfectly!

Chad said...

I vote for Paige and Amy likes Avery. Of course we will love her even if you name her mud!

Jonathan said...

I vote for Erin Lester Seely Youngstrom Jr...



and call her Kate... or Camille... or Avery... or...