You didn't really think that was it, did you? Just in case you weren't tired enough from reading about our first six days, here's the second six!
Friday, August 15th
Today we spent the morning and afternoon at This Is The Place Heritage Park. This is a mini Nauvoo-like attraction built on the foothills by the This Is The Place monument. It was great! We wandered the streets of the village, enjoying scenes of 1840s life. Highlights included a petting corral, puppet show and a miniature train ride.
You may want to click to enlarge the above picture to fully appreciate Anna's puppet-watching glee!
Saturday August, 16th
We chose to spend this day rediscovering our roots in Sanpete County. Spencer's ancestors helped to settle Spring City and Ephraim. Mine are the pride of Mt. Pleasant. We drove through the towns, seeing our grandparents' childhood homes and stomping grounds. We also went to visit some graves. It was a good genealogical day!
Monday August, 18th
Park City, baby! We went up to the mountain resort and had a blast riding their alpine attractions. Although pricey, the Alpine Coaster is a must and worth every penny! Spencer and I rode together and hooted and hollered the whole way down! I also rode the Alpine Slide and Spencer and his brother Tyler rode the Zip Rider.
Look closely...it's Spencer and Tyler coming in on the Zip Rider!
Me at the end of the Alpine Slide
Later that evening we met up with some friends for dinner at Old Spaghetti Factory. It was great to see everyone, meet their kids and hear how they are doing. We miss you guys!
Tuesday August, 19th
On this day started out at the new Living Planet Aquarium in Sandy. Upon pulling into the parking lot, we realized the building was a converted grocery store! We became a little skeptical but were pleasantly surprised by the exhibits. Being the animal lover she is, Anna greatly enjoyed spying fish and sea-life in the cases. The aquarium also has a great children's area where she was able to run and play and listen to a "fishy" story.
Next, we headed out to Kennecott copper mine. Neither Spencer nor I had ever been and we thought it would be interesting to see. Especially since the mine was started by my Bingham ancestors.
Wednesday, our last day, was spent packing, running errands and last minute hugs and kisses from Grandma and Grandpa. We also managed to squeeze in an hour at the park with my old roommate Brittany and her daughter Mira.
Well, that's it...I promise! We packed as much into 12 days as we possibly could! Although we struggled with heat, dry throats, bloody noses and panting (thanks altitude!) it was a great trip and we loved visiting with friends and family.
5 comments:
Wow!! you guys really did a lot while you were here. I'm impressed with all you saw and did.
I have to agree with the whole Sandy aquarium thing. It actually used to be an arts and crafts store. But, I LOVE IT!! Mira can run around it, without me being too worried that she will get lost. We go there a lot in the winter.
Lastly, it was so good to see you and meet Spencer and Anna. Mira now looks at your blog and names all of you. Then she'll say "fun with Hannah!" We'll keep working on that one!
Love all the fun pix! I think the one of you crawling out of the play-thingy is a great pic. Man I wish I was photogenic, like even once in my life! LOL! I love the pioneer bonnet on Anna, so adorable!
How cute is Anna?!!!! Seriously. Looks like you guys had so much fun.
Way to be tourists in a place you've both called home! You packed all sorts of adventures into your vacation. Fun, fun!
Fun, fun trip. You really did get to see and do a lot. I'll bet you need a vacation to recuperate from your vacation.
Post a Comment