Thanks to everyone who participated in my little quiz. The answers were very entertaining. Although, I seemed to have stumped you all.Maybe I'm too jaded by living near Philly for two years but I find the people in New York to be quite friendly. Also, if you go to the temple late enough, you can see stores closing on your way back to Grand Central. Finally, while parking spaces are extremely scarce, you are bound to find one somewhere...if you search long enough.
No, the answer is none other than:
Power Lines
In New York City, all power and telephone lines are run through a labyrinth of underground tunnels. These tunnels are dug by a rare bread of individual known as Sandhogs. You can learn more about them by watching the new show dedicated to their dangerous and back-breaking profession on the History Channel.
In New York City, all power and telephone lines are run through a labyrinth of underground tunnels. These tunnels are dug by a rare bread of individual known as Sandhogs. You can learn more about them by watching the new show dedicated to their dangerous and back-breaking profession on the History Channel.
6 comments:
I was thinking a parking spot, but I knew it wasn't it, so I just didn't even mention it.
Interesting. We don't have any here in Lakeland, either. Of course I realize my neighborhood doesn't remotely compare in size to New York City, but ours are all underground as well.
Well, how cosmopolitan of Lakeland Hills! But, you do have then in Auburn, right???
So crazy! Thanks for helping me to learn something new and cool about NY. By the way thanks again for your help tonight I am finally feeling better. I am going to see how tonight and tomorrow play out.
I never noticed that before! I love fun trivia. I never know any- but I love it still!
That was fun!!! Do it again, do it again!
Yakima does have power lines, but our neighborhood doesn't But, our lines are just "buried" we don't have fancy encased tunnels. Cool trivia. Thanks.
Post a Comment