In less than a month (which is extremely slow by some standards), I have read the entire Twilight Saga and seen the Twilight movie...twice.New Moon - I didn't know it was possible but Bella became even more annoying! The whole catatonic period was a joke. Maybe if she were 22, I wouldn't have had such a hard time with her losing the "love of her life". I had no trouble at all becoming a Jacob fan. I loved that he brought out the best in Bella and I wanted their relationship to work. Suffice it to say, I wasn't so happy with the Italy thing.
Eclipse - This book was my favorite. The action was fantastic. But, I didn't want Bella to end up with either Jacob or Edward. I still preferred Jacob because he was warm, cozy and mostly human. But his immaturity was highly annoying. I found Edward to be extremely domineering, controlling and irrational.
Breaking Dawn - One of the dumbest books I have ever read. It was as if Stephenie Meyer lay awake at night trying to think of ways to make it supremely weird and creepy. Is this supposed to be Twilight or X-Men? The last four chapters are the only ones I really liked.
Twilight the Movie - Yes, I did go to the midnight showing. Not because I'm in love with Edward Cullen and all things Twilight but because a friend had an extra ticket and I'm a night owl. The first time, I thought the movie was horrible. I found the direction and hair and make-up to be attrocious. But I did spend most of my time comparing to the book.
The second time, was our Relief Society Girls Night Out. This time, I just watched. I didn't worry about the order of things or how I thought it should be. And I found it highly enjoyable. I know I'm going to get a lot of grief about this but I even think that Robert Pattinson as Edward works. I think he perfectly portrays the whole brooding, tortured soul thing. If he were too pretty it wouldn't have come off as well. There is still one scene however, that is really ridiculous, no matter how you look at it.
So there you have it, my Twilight experience in a nutshell. Go see it, let me know what you think.
4 comments:
I still don't love Robert Pattinson as Edward but to be honest by the end of the movie he had grown on me. I don't think he was the worst choice. :) I enjoyed the movie.
I pretty much agree with you completely about the books, although I have always preferred Edward to Jacob. I enjoyed the movie- I went with low expectations which is why I was pleasantly surprised. Is it the best movie ever? No. I did enjoy the directing and thought the sexual tension and awkwardness between Bella and Edward was perfect. I had some problems with the speed frames with the vampires were running/jumping/driving- a little too Crouching Tiger for my taste- but that was my only big complaint. I thought the casting was really well done, although I thought the vampire makeup was a bit much.
I have a friend coming to visit me in January and we promised to wait and see the movie together. I have to say that it's getting easier to wait. Everything you mentioned seems to be the common opinion.
I loooved it! I laughed really hard at all of the super cheesy stuff. There was plenty of that to go around.
Post a Comment