Thursday, August 26, 2010

Week One

20 of 31 days.  That's how much of our August was spent in Utah.  We were there for such a long time that I'll have to split this up into three posts. 

Here's a little rundown of Week One.

Anna and I flew into Salt Lake on Wednesday the 4th.  We were met by Chad and immediately wisked away to a delightful lunch at Cafe Rio!  The rest of the day was spent getting settled in.  We tried to go to the Highland splash park that evening but we must have brought our New York weather with us because we were rained out.  The day ended with a trip through the JCWs drive in.

The next day included a walk around BYU (and purchase of chocolate covered cinnamon bears!) and a lunch at Kneaders.  Can you tell I was making it a point to hit all of my favorite Utah eateries?

Friday was a great day to hit Gardner Village.  We started with lunch then on to the pony rides and petting zoo.


This was Anna's first time on a pony and she had such a good time.  She stood at the gate, waiting for her turn saying, "Can I ride the pony, plllleeease?"


After that adventure, we headed over to peruse the shops.  In one cute little store, Anna found a soft looking seat to look over a ballerina music box.


We ended the day with a great dinner at Texas Roadhouse.

On Saturday we grabbed some donuts and chocolate milk and headed to the Highland Fling parade.  I didn't get any pictures of the parade but I did get some of Anna enjoying our breakfast!

They also threw TONS of candy at the parade so this little girl was in heaven!  After the parade, we headed to the vendor stalls.  I found a steal of a mini apron for Anna that she was excited to put to good use.  Later that day, Amy and I snuck away to get some pampering pedicures.

Anna hit a wall on Sunday and started the day with a major tantrum.  But, she snapped out if it pretty quick when she realized that Uncle Chad was headed to church without her.  She was definitely not going to miss her chance to go to nursery with Uncle Chad and Aunt Amy!

Monday was a delightful Pajama Day.   We lazed around the house, finally getting cleaned up just in time to have dinner with Grandma Valerie at Zupas. 

Tuesday I drove out to Eagle Mountain to get my hair chopped off.  I didn't take any before and after pics but trust me, it was a BIG change and I love it!

It was a pretty low-key week and I did a lot of this:


Oh, so heavenly!

Stayed tuned....

5 comments:

Amy said...

We had so much fun having you here! Hope you're doing well.

Edwards Fam said...

How fun! I missed the fireworks at Highland days 6 years ago because Barrett proposed to me! Did you ever make it to the splash pad...Barrett's dad was partly responsible for it:) So glad you got to go to Utah!

Tara said...

I had to enlarge that pic of Anna eating a donut...I couldn't tell what was "wrong" with her teeth but then was relieved to see it was just a mouthful of chocolate donut. :)

Fun times, can't wait to hear about the rest of the trip.

Granny said...

Week One=Fun!
The last picture looks like how I spent most of my summer.
Looking forward to Week Two.

Princess Carrie said...

We were at Highland Fling as well! Bummer we didn't know you guys were there. Maybe next year we can meet up???