- Look at all that hair! - Yes, I realize my child has lots of hair. I was surprised at first too...guess I shouldn't have been with all the heartburn I put up with. But, get over it! So she has a lot of hair, she's not the first baby in history to have a lot of hair.
- Does it always stick up like that? - Yes! Do you think I purposefully gave my child an Alfalfa 'do? Trust me, if there was something to be done about it, it would be.
- Wow, she's really big - Why, thank you. There's nothing like everyone making you feel like you gave birth to an Amazon Woman.
People also frequently comment on how beautiful her eyes are. I just don't get sick of hearing that one. :)
8 comments:
I had a "hairy" baby, too. (But I never had heartburn) I think it always made her seem older than she was, which made me sad.
I think the hair is cute like the rest of her. And, she is a good size! Tell them to talk to her uncle and he'll put them straight.
Okay, I love the hair, elevated or not! But, I will admit, I would probably comment on it...the length, that is not the elevation.
It is somewhat unusual.
But, as for size, Anna does not give me the immpression of being "BIG," just adorable.
Ok Ok.. I did offend.. I think I made the hair comment. I thought it was cute.
As for big, I just think people think babies are supposed to stay small forever. She looks to be so far ahead of her age.(the cooing,holding her head,those sweet eyes, and those cute little thighs) But what do I know.. my youngest is FIVE.
She is adorable any way you slice it.
Remember Seth and Rebecca Nielson's baby in the 201st? I always wondered if they purposefully gave her a mow hawk because it looked so intentional. But I think they just went with it since her hair was so sticky-uppy.
It's not a bad thing. Just unusual. And thus people feel the need to comment.
As for the big comment, at least people aren't wondering if you're starving her. My sister had a very petite baby who is still small for her age. People always asked her if she fed her baby enough (and other things implying she was doing something wrong!).
Admittedly, it's really only from strangers that the hair comments are getting old.
So...no worries Nanette, I wasn't offended.
I think all three things make her cute beyond words - just more to brag about when I'm talking about my granddaughter!
In defense of a "hair comment" there are sooo many bald babies in this world that hair might be a novelty. I did't have any hair until about 18 months. At least she has hair you could put a bow in if you want so people can tell she's a girl. Although even when my girls were OBVIOUSLY in pink people would still ask boy or girl. Do ya have eyes? What kind of mother would doll up her little boy like that?
You've got a darling little girl and just take it as a compliment that people notice her enough to comment on your baby! :) Any comments you don't like - well who cares about those numskulls anyway? :)
Post a Comment