Saturday, December 15, 2007

Holiday Fun

Tonight we went to our ward Christmas party. The activites committee had out done themselves with a wonderful evening. The cultural hall was almost unrecongnizable for the beautiful decorations. I felt like I was in a fancy restaurant!

We enjoyed a great ham dinner while chatting with friends.

This is Anna's little friend Hannah (and her mommy). Hannah is only a couple of weeks older than Anna and the two girls have fun together.

Following dinner we were treated to a fantastic show. The program included swing dancing, a children's ballet performance, piano and vocal duets. One of the best performances was done by a family singing Once There Was A Snowman. They did a whole medley of pop tunes adapted with the words of the famous primary song...complete with Thriller dance! And then the children also enjoyed a visit from Santa!


Santa was accompanied by very special elves...the bishopric. Although I didn't get a shot of them from the front you can get the idea. I would pay money to see Jon dressed up like this!

While watching the show, Anna began sucking on my fingers. I was surprised to feel a little TOOTH poking through her gums!

The evening ended with a live nativity. The members of the nativity were accompanied by scripture readings and a children's choir. It was such a great ending to the night.


We had a truly enjoyable night and we were so greatful to be in such a wonderful ward.

5 comments:

Granny said...

What a fun packed evening, with such a great variety of activities.

I think you are definitely going to enjoy your new ward.

A tooth...she's growing up too fast! But, she sure looks cute.

Tara said...

Well, I'll have to start looking around for an elf outfit so we can charge you admission when you come.

That party is really impressive. Our ward gathering was very basic. It would be great if every ward could have an activity like that. Glad you've got a great ward.

Chad said...

Sounds like a fantastic ward. I am very happy for you guys!!!

AnnP said...

Hi. My name is Alexis. i found your blog through Lindsey's blog. I have a daughter that was born three days before Anna was. It is fun to read your blog and see all the things they have in common. Congratulations on the tooth! Catherine has one coming in, but it hasn't poked through the skin yet.

Lisa said...

I am so happy to see someone posted pictures of this :) You are in an AMAZING ward!!!