Saturday, October 11, 2008

Pumpkin Patch

This afternoon we took a drive up to Barton Orchards to enjoy a day at the pumpkin patch. It was a perfect fall day with warm weather and tons of beautiful scenery to admire on the way.

Because it was a Saturday, the orchard was a madhouse! We had to wait in long lines for everything. But we didn't let that deter us from having fun and making a great fall memory.
We began at the farm market. We visited some animals, played on the playground and purchased (and ate) some heavenly apple cider donuts!

Anna, Keegan and Regan posing as pumpkins

Next we took a short hay ride...


to the pumpkin patch!

By this time, Anna was getting a little grouchy and was not thrilled with the idea of being contained any longer. As soon as we got off the tractor, I put her down and let her go. You have never seen short little legs move so fast! She ran over to the field and began attempting to lift pumpkins that weighed twice as much as she does.

Little Anna on the patch-y

After choosing the perfect pumpkin, we headed back to the market. Anna and I rested in the shade while Spencer paid for and took our pumpkin to the car.

Then we headed over to the raspberry bushes. They were quite a distance away and I don't think many people knew there were raspberries to be picked. It was so quiet and peaceful and we happily walked the rows plucking deliciously sweet berries.

Even though it was quite busy and we got quite dirty, it was a fun day. One that we hope to recreate next year!


5 comments:

Chad said...

Looks wonderful! That is one cute little girl in a pumpkin patch!

Granny said...

Fun day! I love the picture of Anna trying to heft the 2x her size pumpkin.

Tara said...

Look at you guys in your short sleeves! We had lots of sunshine but it's been pretty chilly. The fall colors look gorgeous in that first picture.

I'm all about tradition so I think it's great that you've started one at the pumpkin patch.

Lynita said...

I am so glad you guys went, it is a great place! I had no idea that they had rasberries to pick. I guess that would explain that yummy rasberry jam I bought in the country store there... LOL!

Lindsay said...

Crowded or not, that looks like so much fun!