Monday, June 7, 2010

Princess Underpants

Defender of dry panties...


Conquerer of the potty...


It's Princess Underpants!


After about three months of insanity, Anna is officially potty-trained!

The first month was horrible. She would willingly sit on the potty whenever I asked her to but she just really did not get the purpose of the exercise. I would set the timer for 20 minutes and she, without fail, would go sometime during that space. I swore I wouldn't use pull-ups but for this very reason, they were my lifesaver. For her to ever actually go on the toilet, I had to sit her on the potty with a stack of books and a sippy cup for an entire hour. I thought it would be our breakthrough but in the end, no such luck. After about a month, I realized we both were not ready for this so we took a little break.

Once we got back on it, I decided to let her run around the house naked from the waist down for most of the day. This was definitely what did the trick for her, that and me figuring out how to calm down a little! After a few weeks, she was done! She now happily goes in any potty wherever we may be and loves wearing her Disney Princess, Princess and the Frog and Fancy Nancy panties.

6 comments:

Erin said...

Once they are potty trained, isn't it the best?! I loved it. It can be such a headache, but it's soooo worth it. Congrats!

Tara said...

Princess Underpants...that's adorable. Congrats to you both, I know just how big this accomplishment is!

Chad said...

Good work! Sounds like a process and an adventure!

Lindsay said...

Hooray! What an accomplishment -- for BOTH of you! I think we'll try again with Garrett in July or August.

Granny said...

Way to go Princess Underpants!!!!!
We are so proud of our big girl's accomplishments.

paige said...

I....HATE....POTTY....TRAINING! Congrats to you though :)