Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Depressed

The last time I did Weight Watchers I lost 6 pounds in the first week. I was, to say the least, ecstatic! Following that first triumphal week I lost an average of 2 pounds each succeeding week.

It's been a week since I re-joined and I've only lost 2 pounds. I know I should be happy with that but, I am less than enthused. I have followed the plan to THE LETTER. I stick to my daily point allowance and I NEVER use my weekly points. I thought I would be rewarded for my perseverance. I'm utterly panicked that my body will just never be the same. I'm worried that my overly large hips and plentiful belly fat are with me forever. And it's making me very depressed. So depressed that I ate a cinnamon roll at book group last night.

I'm also having a really hard time with the whole "feeling deprived" thing. Normal people are able to eat healthy meals, feel free to eat a cinnamon roll once a month at book group and STILL maintain their weight.

Guess I'm not normal.

10 comments:

Celia Marie (W.) B. said...

Maybe your results will be reversed from last time. 2 lbs initially and 6 lbs. every week following. =) Don't give up. You'll get results!! (Even if it's slow and steady. Honestly, 2 lbs. in 1 week is healthy and "normal".)

Granny said...

I had the same problem, but things are getting better now! Don't give up...it'll turn around.

One slip up is okay, just don't let it escalate because of feeling down. Easy to say, I know...

tweedlediva said...

Oh Erin. I'm sorry you're sad. Matt, my darling nutritionist husband, would tell you that the slower you loose the weight the more likely it is that it will stay off. Hang in there, and one cinnamon roll never killed anyone (ok, unless it was laced with something).

Tara said...

Dieting really stinks. I remember feeling so sorry for myself and actually had angry feelings about not being able to eat things like cinnamon rolls. While it does definitely get easier, it's always hard. But I look back at pictures and wish I still looked like that.

Don't be discouraged, keep up the discipline. It'll definitely pay off in the end, even if it takes longer to get there. Just one more thing to despise about pregnancy!

Chad said...

Erin. one thing that helps at least for me, the small tootsie rolls, you can eat several for low pointage (6 equals 3.5 points). I think it's the whole unwrapping factor for me. Easy to keep in your pocket or pantry. Also, I love this site that works with points http://www.dwlz.com/, good luck!!

Lynita said...

The one thing you are is normal my dear. It is not normal for people to be super skinny weeks after having a baby or to be so freaked out by gaining weight that they starve themselves. Normal is struggling to lose the weight that took you a year to put on! Normal is feeling upset that the results are not always what we want or expect. Normal is you, and you will do great with WW and gradually you will lose the weight, the right way! So keep your chin up and remember you are the normal one, not the freak of the bunch!

Anonymous said...

Hi Erin,

I started three almost four weeks ago. Jogged EVERY Day adding one minute to my jogging time and walked for the other 42 min.( almost dies at jogging for eight minutes.. but getting better) I LOST NOTHING!! Ate like a rabbit everyday.. LOST TWO.. GOT SOO ANRGY..wanted to quit and be FAT.. then... it made me work harder. I added TAE Bo to the mix.. LOST FIVE.. YEAH ... Dont stop, and dont deprive yourself of those small treats, those are what makes Weight Watchers sooo successful. Get up, dust yourself off, drink lots and lots of water, exercise if you can and be patient. It took you almost TWO YEARS to get to this weight (for me 30) it will take just about the same time to get it off ...HEALTHLY !!

Good Luck..
Nanette

Nick said...

I decided that I wasn't going to give up my Burger's Supreme or Mexican food. The hard part was just committing to the fact that I have to cut the meal in half before I partake. But hey -- two meals for the price of one! Of course I'm only losing about 1 or 2 lbs on a good week.

Allison said...

Great comments!I needed the encouragement too!

I have a hard time dieting unless I treat it as a life-style change instead of depravation. So, use your "weekly points" on a cinnimon roll now and then and stay in it for the long haul. :)

Amanda Neilson said...

Erin- you are beautiful! And i apologize about the cinnamon roll thing. That was my fault. And don't worry- you're normal. I don't lose a single pound until my babies are 12 months old. Not a single one!!