1. What is his name? Spencer Lewis Youngstrom. His dad named him. Spencer from a "cool guy" he went to high school with and Lewis was his father's name. I think it's fitting. I saw this (link) old picture of his grandpa and thought he looked exactly like him.
2. How long have you been together? We will be married 5 years in August, but we knew each other for a year before we started dating.
3. How old is he? 30 We are the same age.
4. Who eats more? It used to be Spencer. Now we eat about the same. He used to shock everyone with how much he could pack into that tiny body. He hasn't been eating as much lately and I give him a hard time about it. He says it's because he's not working out.
5. Who said I love you first? He did. It was after his 26th birthday dinner at Joe's Crab Shack. I was kind of surprised but happy as well!
6. Who is taller? Spencer. By about 5 inches.
7. Who sings better? Um, I do. But, he has a very nice voice and great theory skills. He can sing either tenor or bass very well.
8. Who is smarter? Depends on the subject. Spencer kicks my trash on anything financial or mathematic. I kick his trash on history and common sense.
9. Who does the laundry? I do...it is part of my new job description.
10. Who pays the bills? I do. Spencer doesn't have time.
11.Who sleeps on the right side? Spencer. He slept on the right side in Utah but for some reason, we switched in Delaware. Now we are back to the original arrangement, and all is well with the universe.
12. Who mows the lawn? Um...our landlord. But, if we were responsible for the upkeep Spencer totally would. He loves that kind of thing and can't wait to have a garden.
13. Who cooks dinner? I do. That is on the nights he's home for dinner. Otherwise he gets to sample all sorts of amazing food in the city...on JPMorgan's dime!
14. Who drives? Always Spencer. I prefer it that way.
15. Who is more stubborn? Oh, definitely me.
16.Who kissed who first? He kissed me first. We had been dating for about three weeks or so and I was pretty sure he really liked me but I had been burned before so there was NO WAY I would have kissed him first. Not that I have ever kissed anyone first.
17. Who proposed? Spencer. We used to take drives all over Utah County while we were dating. One Sunday he drove me out to Springville where he had a friend set up a nice dinner in a vacant lot on top of a bluff. He couldn't find it and we ended up heading back to Provo. The friend called him on our way back and he told me we had to turn around. I was so confused but once we finally found it, it was all good!
18. Who has more friends? I guess it would be me. I'm just much more of a people person. Although Spencer will talk to anyone. He's better with strangers, I'm better with aquantences.
19. Who is more sensitive? Hands-down me.
20. Who has more siblings? Spencer, only by 1
21. Who wears the pants? We have "joint custody" of the pants. But when it comes to big decisions, he's in charge.
He's such a great husband and a wonderful daddy. I'm so lucky to have him!
5 comments:
You will have to explain what "mankey" is. So glad that the proposal thing worked out.....Spencer would have been very sad if it didn't go as planned. It sounds like Spencer is alot like Will in some ways.
This was fun to read.
We love your Mankey, too.
Hooray for Spencer! WE love both the Mankeys!
Cute post! It was fun to learn a little more about your husband. Espacially since I knew you in the, single and "getting burned" days.
I love reading these even if I already know all the information.
The "joint custody" is a crack-up. We share a lot of the same answers except for that one. As I've said before, Jon WEARS those big and tall pants!! And that's how I like it.
Post a Comment