Thursday, February 7, 2008

I Will Not Be Ignored

Last Saturday, Spencer and I were hanging out in the living room while Anna took a nap. After awhile, we started to hear her babbling. We aren't the type of parents to run into her room the moment she makes a peep so we kept on with our conversation.

A few minutes later, we heard a knocking sound on the wall. The sound was as if to say Hello, I can hear you! Come get me! We both figured that she was sticking her hand through the crib slats and banging the wall.

I walked into her room and almost fell on the floor when I saw this:


She had pulled herself up on the slats and was holding on the rail with one hand while she banged away with the other.


My little baby has turned into a little monkey. She is always pulling herself up on anything taller than she is. I guess this can prove that the infamous monkey gene is definitely passed on through the Seely side.

5 comments:

Granny said...

All I can say is, "Serves you right." or maybe, "What goes around comes around." You can just hope she doesn't start walking next month.

She sure does look cute, and so proud of herself.

Oh yeah...wait until she vaults out of the crib like you used to.

Tara said...

Yeah, the monkey gene is dominant.

Next time you turn around, she'll be climbing out. Life changes completely once the monkeying begins.

Nanci said...

Crazy! I'm dreading the day that Ella figures out how to climb out of her crib.

Chad said...

The battle is on now. Too cute!

Lynita said...

Way cute...as long as this doesn't happen at night! Well just make sure that the mattress is on the lowest setting so your monkey doesn't climb out!